Here are some resources we have compiled to help protect you and your family.
- V-Chip (www.tvguidelines.org)
- Clearplay DVD Player
- TiVo KidZone
RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IF YOU’RE TRYING TO BREAK FREE FROM INTERNET
- X3WATCH - accountability program helping with online integrity. Free, just download from sight. You give them two e-mails of people that helping you stay accountable they will receive an email containing all possible questionable sites you may have visited within the month.
- Safe Eyes Filter It is the #1 rated internet filtering software. Safe Eyes is a filter plus accountability reports. Much more extensive than X3 Watch. Cost: $49 a year, that’s 13 cents a day, works with PC and MAC.
RESOURCES TO HELP PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN
Media Reviews (TV, movies, music, and games)
Plugged in Online
Parental Safety Controls
(Most of the media devices that your kids are using have parental controls)
Cell Phones: (Example AT&T) Smart Limits Program. You are in charge of the time phone is on or off, and the number of texts sent or received. A parent can log in anytime and change the limits or just view what your teen has been doing on the phone.
- Family Map: You can locate any phone on your plan. Also, you can have regular schedule checks that come to your Phone.
- Bill Information: On your bill, you can track to whom your kids have been talking.
- Random texting reading (Parents reading students text messages.)
Internet Social Networking and Email
- Recommend Facebook over MySpace; Facebook is more parent friendly.
- Know what Social Networks they are involved with and also have usernames and passwords. This allows you to have access.
- Every social networking program has privacy settings for photos, personal information, searching, friends, and profile page.
- Dad and/or Mom, you need a Facebook so you know how to use it.